This articles explains how you can add your existing team inbox to your Helprace account. This works for mail accounts powered by Microsoft, such as @hotmail.com, @outlook.com, etc.
- Login to your Helprace admin panel as an admin or owner (agents do not have access to these settings).
- Go to Settings > TICKETS > Mailboxes.
- Click Add a Team Mailbox.
- Add a name which will be displayed in the email From and Reply to fields along with the email.
- Insert your existing team address and click Next. (please avoid using a personal email here, here's why).
- Set up auto-forwarding so that emails coming to your team mailbox (e.g. email@example.com) get passed on to your built-in mailbox (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). For that:
- Copy your Helprace email address and head over to your Outlook.com account.
- After logging in to Outlook.com click the gear icon on the upper-right and select Options.
- Click on the Forwarding link on the left pane.
- You might see this message if your account is not yet verified. Proceed with a simple verification before you can enable forwarding. Click Verify your account and follow the instructions.
- Now that you're seeing the email forwarding options, paste your Helprace support email address (copied on step #3) and click Save.
- Now go back to your Helprace admin panel and hit Send Test Email and Helprace will send a message to your team mailbox to make sure it arrives to your Helprace account.
That would be it!
We also recommend you to create an SPF record for Helprace to help with delivery of your team's emails to your users. Learn more