In Helprace, you can share and follow discussions in the User Portal:
- Following discussions
- Unfollowing discussions
- Email notifications
- Changing email
- Sharing discussions using social media
- Sharing discussions using email
When you follow a discussion, you subscribe to its updates in the form of email notifications.
You automatically follow a discussion when you:
- Create a new topic
- Vote on a topic
- Reply to a topic
- Comment on a reply to a topic
- Vote on a reply to a topic
You get notified by email every time another user adds a comment or a reply to the topic you're following.
You can unfollow discussions in two ways: directly in the discussion or from your profile page.
- Head to the discussion you wish to unfollow
- You will see a Following button with a green flag. Click on it.
To unfollow using the User Portal:
- Click on your name at the top right of the User Portal.
- Scroll down and click on Following under Participation to see all topics you are currently following.
- Click on the green flag beside the topic that you wish to unfollow.
At your email notifications page you can select the email notifications are sent to and change your notifications mode.
- Click on your name in at the top right of the User Portal.
- Click on the Emails & Notifications tab
- As a user, you can set email notifications to keep track of:
- New replies to topics that you posted, replied to or followed
- Option to receive a "daily digest" instead of a notification for every single event
- Click Save.
Notifications are sent to your primary email. If you would like to change it, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Emails & Notifications tab in your profile.
- Click "Add Email", type a desired email address and click Add.
- You'll get a confirmation message to that address. Click the confirmation link to validate the new address.
- Now that you've got two verified emails, you can click the "Make Primary" button to
Tip: Please note that you need to verify the email before making it primary.
You will now be getting community notifications to the new primary email.
Tip: You cannot delete your only email address. You can only do so after adding a secondary address.
Tip: Upon adding and verifying a secondary address, you will be able to log in using both addresses, but your password will remain the same.
You can share discussions in the User Portal using various forms of social media. Sharing is offered for the following platforms:
Click on the appropriate button below the topic you wish to share on social media
In addition to sharing discussions via social media, you can share discussions via email, as well.
- Click on the envelope icon to the right of the topic you wish to share.
- A dialog box will appear. Enter the recipient's email address.
- Type in a message (optional)
- Click Send
Your message with a link will be sent to the specified email.