Welcome to the Helprace! When people visit a User Portal, they expect to find answers immediately. With Helprace, you can find answers, share ideas and help other fellow users. Then again, if you just want to send a message to support, you can do that, too.
In this guide we'll go over the basics and explain how to use Helprace:
- Searching for information
- Understanding spaces
- Browsing the knowledge base
- Browsing the community
- Submitting a ticket (You can submit a ticket via the User Portal or by email. Learn more...)
- Using the feedback tab
- How to sign up
Helprace is designed to provide users a one-stop solution for all their support needs. You can start with typing in your query in the search bar.
Your search results will show material most related to your query. It can consist of:
- Update posts
- Question posts
- Idea posts
- Problem posts
- Praise posts
- Knowledge base articles
If for any reason you cannot find the information you are looking for, you can either submit a request, submit a post in the community or continue to browsing the Helprace User Portal.
Spaces are categories into which the Helprace User Portal may be divided. Spaces are set by the company to differentiate product-specific discussions and other posts.
Even if the company is divided into spaces, the search function on the home page works the same way as explained above. However, you will need to select an appropriate space to browse its contents.
Use the drop down box at the top left corner to select an appropriate space.
If a company isn't divided into spaces, you will see a menu in its place with the corresponding support channels.
A knowledge base is a collection of answers to common questions, best practices and other articles uploaded by the company to keep information centralized in one place.
The knowledge base is accessible using the link on the User Portal's home page or space.
The community is accessible by selecting a channel on the User Portal's home page or space:
In the example below, we've clicked on a question asked by a user. You can choose to reply to the question, vote it up or down, as well as follow it and receive email notifications regarding any updates to this topic.
Tip: you can move between spaces using the drop down box beside the search bar. This knowledge base is located in a space called General.
You can submit a ticket using the User Portal. Follow these steps:
- Click Submit a Request in the User Portal. This will bring up a dialog box that will allow you to send a message to a support agent.
- Type in your subject and the issue in the message box.
Tip: As you start typing in the message body, a list of suggested questions, ideas, problems and praise will appear. By clicking on the suggested link, a new window will appear with the discussion, so that you don't lose the message you've been working on.
- Add any attachments. The attachment limit is 20 MB (except for the Free plan).
- Click Send.
For more information, see Submitting a ticket
The feedback tab is a small tab placed on a company's site. When the feedback tab is called up, it displays a smaller window that allows you to navigate the User Portal. The window is set up to show the following:
- frequently asked questions (Questions that have been upvoted the most)
- top ideas (Ideas that have been upvoted the most)
- common problems (Problems most upvoted)
- new praise (Most recent praise)
Tip: When clicking on the links in the feedback window, a new window will appear with that article or discussion.
One of the few perks of joining Helprace is the ability to check the status of emails sent to support, follow conversations, get alerts and participate in discussions.
It's easy to join:
- Click Sign Up on the top right corner of the User Portal.
- Input the first, last name, your email address and desired password. If your provider enabled Social Media or Single Sign-On authentication options, you'll be able to see them here.
- Type the verification code.
- Click Sign Up.
Tip: You can also log in with your social media account without having to register. You can log in using Facebook, Twitter and Google+